Topics relating to lighting control gear, including magnetic & high frequency ballast and ancilliary devices such as starters, ignitors and switchgear.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1180
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 pm
- Favourite Manufacturer: Atlas and CourtneyPope
- Area of interest: Discharge and Fluorescent
- Location: Cornwall
Well today I phoned up to see if I could get any tridonic EC18 switch start chokes that do 18W
T8/PL-C - 28W 2D and it seems the remaining stocks are GONE. Alternative being the halvar L30/28. Annoying yes but who else makes magnetic ballasts. There are halvar and VS the main ones but also the type that Fitzgerald and tamlite use that are branded by their own names. This also comes after an announcement I noticed on Simmons Signs website saying they are no longer offering their sign lights with a magnetic ballast and now only sell HF or LED as they can no longer get magnetic. I have sent them a sharp email as this is just a way of forcing their customers in to using more expensive HF and LED signs. Boarder line corrupt.
- Posts: 661
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:01 pm
- Favourite Manufacturer: Fitzgerald
- Area of interest: Fluorescent and Mercury Discharge Lighting
- Oldest item: BTH 200W Carbon Filament Lamp
- Location: Cambridgeshire
Bad news! There are a few smaller companies making them, and the two that I've seen the most of are ERC - made in Italy and Electrostart - made in Bulgaria.
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:38 pm
- Favourite Manufacturer: Sylvania
- Area of interest: Light Source technology
- Location: Belgium